Simply Summer!!

Hi there~

Summer has just begun and I wanted to do a mani to celebrate it!

To achieve this summer mani, I used Simply Smashing (OPI) as the base color. It's a bright and shimmery yellow-green nail polish that was launched for the Australian Open and is part of the Serena Willliams collection. It has a foil metallic finish and is rather on the sheer side. So you have to use 3 coats to reach full opacitiy.The application was really good, flawless. It's really bright and you've got the impression it's glowing from the inside. 
I love this polish like crazy. When I first saw it either on swatches or even when I had the bottle in my hands, I believed I wouldn't really like it but when I had it on my nails, it was love! It's a very unusual color!

Simply Smashing (OPI), 3 coats, without top coat

Then, I used a make-up sponge to create a gradation using orange (Lana - Zoya) and red (Sarah - Zoya). I put some polish directly onto the sponge, sponged once or twice on a paper and then onto the nails.

Simply Smashing (OPI), sponged with Lana (Zoya) and Sarah (Zoya)

Finally, I took my Konad (M29) and BM (01) image plates to stamp pineapples, palm trees, suns and a "Aloha".
For the pineapples and the plam tree, I used Teas-y Does It (OPI) for the brown shade and 102 Catch Me (Klean Color).  For the red designs, I used Sarah (Zoya).

In order to achieve a bicolor stamping, I apply a green color on the leaves and a brown one on the fruit as shown underneath.


And here is the final result!!



I will also show you  my right hand because I did the same design but all in red and I liked it, too!



You can click on the pictures to enlarge them!
You have read this article BM / KONAD / OPI / ORANGE / RED / YELLOW / ZOYA with the title Simply Summer!!. You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2011/07/simply-summer.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Simply Summer!!"

Post a Comment