Racing Stripes

I had this particular design in my mind for quite awhile and I finally got the patience to give it a go. My idea was a kind of racing stripes design that you would see along the side of a car. So I knew it was going to be a Hot Rod red and then naturally black and white stripes up the side.
 
To begin with I applied a coat of Revlon Calcium Gel Nail Hardener. Then I needed a red so of course I used Maybelline Racy Red. I applied two thin coats and then a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat since I was going to be using scotch tape to make my design. Once completely dry I used scotch tapes to outline my stripes and used Rimmel Black Out for my large central stripe and Revlon White On White for my two smaller outside stripes. After clean up I applied a thick coat of Seche Vite again.

Now I just need to point out  that it is best to use one coater nail polish for the stripes that have a good consistency. My Revlon White On White caused me so much trouble because I have to use a thicker coat for it to be opaque and it has a very runny formula. This means that my white lines turned out really horrible and I used a corrector pen to try and straighten them up. Also of importance is don't try to do this on a caffeine high! Trying to lay down the tape and remove it was awfully tricky with shaky hands which is why I ended up using tweezers!

Anyway, these photo's were taken in artificial light that night after I finished the design.

 Racing Stripes Design in Artificial Light

 Racing Stripes Design in Artificial Light

The following day I took these photo's in the sunlight.

  Racing Stripes Design in Natural Light


Racing Stripes Design in Natural Light

This design turned out exactly as I had imagined and yet I have no opinion on it. I don't like it neither do I hate it! It's the strangest thing. So all I can say is the design turned out exactly how I had planned it to.
You have read this article NAIL ART / STRIPES with the title Racing Stripes. You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2012/02/racing-stripes.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Racing Stripes"

Post a Comment