Orly Galaxy Girl (Pic Heavy!!)

I haven't yet tried Orly nail polish so I figured now was as good a time as any :) With that in mind I grabbed Orly Galaxy Girl from the Cosmic FX collection. Galaxy Girl is a gorgeous duochrome that shifts from a burgundy/mahogany colours to a rich teal blue. the colour is primarily a deep rich burgundy that has a teal blue shimmer. In certain lights thought it becomes a duochrome and it shifts to the teal blue colour.

I applied a coat of Revlon Calcium Gel Nail Hardener followed by three coats of Galaxy Girl. Galaxy Girl is very thin and I found it a bit difficult to work with since it was watery. It wasn't possible to use thick coats since the formula was so watery so I used three very thin coats. Since this was my first time using Orly I found the brush took some getting use to and it was also more difficult because it was watery.

These photo's were taken in artificial light that night.

Orly Galaxy Girl in Artificial Light
Orly Galaxy Girl in Artificial Light
Orly Galaxy Girl in Artificial Light
 Galaxy Girl shifts between the reddish burgundy above and a teal blue that I couldn't photograph .

Orly Galaxy Girl in Artificial Light
 The tips of my fingers kin of show the teal blue that it shifts to .

Orly Galaxy Girl in Artificial Light


The following morning I took these photo's in natural light.

Orly Galaxy Girl in Natural Light
Orly Galaxy Girl in Natural Light
Orly Galaxy Girl in Natural Light
Look at that gorgeous burgundy shiny goodness!


Orly Galaxy Girl in Natural Light
Orly Galaxy Girl in Natural Light
I did the best to capture the duochrome shift to the teal blue :(
Orly Galaxy Girl in Natural Light

The majority of the time Galaxy Girl was the mahogany/burgundy colour with a teal blue shimmer which was easy to capture. However, the colour would shift to this amazing teal blue that wouldn't be captured >.<. When I first put this on I wasn't a fan, the dark burgundy colour just didn't suit me but the gorgeous blue shimmer and duochrome saved this nail polish for me.
You have read this article BURGUNDY / DUOCHROME / ORLY / ORLY COSMIC FX / PURPLE / RED / SHIMMER with the title Orly Galaxy Girl (Pic Heavy!!). You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2012/02/orly-galaxy-girl-pic-heavy.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Orly Galaxy Girl (Pic Heavy!!)"

Post a Comment