Barielle High Steppin' Collection 2010 - Swatches and Review

I am a bit late with the Barielle summer collection for this year but better late than never :) This is my first experience with Barielle polishes and I was very curious about them. In the past this brand created some gorgeous shades and this collection is no exception. It is a collection consisting of six polishes from light to dark, the finishes are also different....frost, metallic and glitter.
The idea behind the collection:
Celebrity Manicurist Elle says, "When creating this collection, we wanted to pump up the volume on nail hues. Inspired by bright summer whites, we injected some high-voltage color into any look from bikini to boardwalk."

The swatches are all without a base or top coat and are in natural daylight (no sun or lightbox), I think that this way they are the most color accurate and that is what we all want, don´t we? :)

ELECTRIC BOOGIE
Wow! I have never seen a more beautiful blue. This is a master piece in terms of color...deep blue with teal glitter. The downside is the formula of this one, it is thick and gloopy. But nothing that a few drops of thinner can´t handle. Two coats. I really love this one and from what I read on other blogs this is a winner for most people.

SLOW MOTION
This is a light pinkish frost. On the picture, you can see brush strokes but they are not that visible. I used three coats but if you have short nails, two will be just fine. This is not a wow shade but still nice for work or other occasions, when your nails have to be a bit less noticeable.

FREESTYLE
This year mint greens are a big trend. Barielle comes with something a bit different making it a frost with silver glitter, which is very fine and small. I love this shade, it looks so fresh and original. Didn´t see something like this anywhere else. The formula on this one was just fine, three coats.

PASSION PIROUETTE
I am always happy when a collection has a purple and this one has. And what a beautiful one! I really like the shade, very deep and highly pigmented metallic grape purple. The polish is a bit thick and leaves brushstrokes. Still I like it so much, I think it goes well with my skin tone.

NIGHT MOVES
A foil silver, great for summer! I don´t have any other foil silver polishes to compare with but I like it. It was easy to apply, I have three coats and even the removing was quick.

BELLY DANCE
Another big trend this year - taupe. Barielle made the most beautiful taupe I have seen so far by adding shimmer. The shimmer is very subtle and the polish looks so chic. This is two coats, application was flawless.

My final thoughts? I really like that the collection is full of different colors and finishes, this way everyone can choose something. I also like that there are some special shades like Electric Boogie or Freestyle, I love those and the purple too of course! The downside is the thickness of some of them but as I said that can be solved with a thinner.
The collection is already available at Barielle, each polish retails for $8.00.

P.S. a BIG thank to Kellie for helping me with these. You are a sweetheart! <3

What do you think about the High Steppin' Collection?
  
pollcode.com free polls
* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company.
You have read this article Barielle / Blue/Green / PINK / PURPLE / SILVER with the title Barielle High Steppin' Collection 2010 - Swatches and Review. You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2010/06/barielle-high-steppin-collection-2010.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Barielle High Steppin' Collection 2010 - Swatches and Review"

Post a Comment