Black & White Abstract

Today I have another design I did but didn't enter into Berry Polished's Black and White Nail Art Competition. I found this design online, loved it and decided to give it a go. Unfortunately I'm pretty terrible at using my striper brushes but at least I'm practising (at least that's what I keep telling myself)!

I applied Ulta3 Base Coat and then two coats of Ulta3 Lily White. Then I used BYS Black Satin to diagonally cover half of my nail freehand. Next I used my Konad Black Nail Art Pen and drew three curved lines from the corner where the black and white meet across the white section of my nail. Between two of the curves I used a dotting tool and Lily White to make four dots. Then I did the same on the opposite side in opposite colours. I used a Konad  White Nail Art Pen to draw the three lines into the black and the Black Satin for the dots. Then I used Ulta3 Non Chip as a top coat.

And here comes the photos.

Black & White Abstract in Artificial Light

Black & White Abstract in Natural Light
Black & White Abstract in the Shade
I love the design but I have a long way to go before I can get my curved lines to appear as I want them to. I'm extremely awkward using the striping brush from the nail art pens but every now and then the curved lines would work as I wish. I was also way too impatient and threw on my top coat before eveything had dried properly *sigh* ah blast my impatience!
You have read this article DOTTING / NAIL ART / STRIPES with the title Black & White Abstract. You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2012/06/black-white-abstract.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Black & White Abstract"

Post a Comment