Zoya Mimi vs Catrice Forget Me Not - Dupe?

Hi there~

Today I have a comparison post between 2 lovely purple polishes: Mimi (Zoya) and Forget Me Not (Catrice). In the following text, I'll use the abbreviation FMN for Forget Me Not.
I previously swatched Mimi here and did a Zoya purple comparison there.

Both of them are royal purple with microglitters.


Forget Me Not is on my index and middle finger and Mimi on my ring finger (3rd nail from the left).

Honestly it's very very hard to see any difference between FMN and Mimi. However, when you apply the first layer of polish, you can spot some pink microglitters in Mimi that you don't have in FMN. In FMN you rather have some silver microglitters which are slightly smaller than Mimi's. Nevertheless the overwhole effect (color) is nearly the same in both polishes. Even in sunlight, you can't really tell the difference between them. This tiny difference in glitters (pink vs silver) is no more visible when you apply a 2nd coat of polish.

The main difference between them is the opacity. FMN is more opaque. On this picture I used 2 coats for both polishes. You can clearly see that you have some visible nail line with Mimi (2 coats) while FMN is totally opaque.
However, if you apply 3 coats of Mimi, look at what you get.


Can you see any differences here? Forget Me Not (Catrice) is on my index and middle finger and Mimi (Zoya) on my ring finger and pinkie.




So finally I would say that FMN and Mimi are really close. From a color and texture point of view, I would say they are identical. In my opinion, the only difference lay in their opacity. FMN is more opaque. Application was easy with both polishes.
You have read this article catrice / COMPARISON / PURPLE / ZOYA with the title Zoya Mimi vs Catrice Forget Me Not - Dupe?. You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2011/08/zoya-mimi-vs-catrice-forget-me-not-dupe.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Zoya Mimi vs Catrice Forget Me Not - Dupe?"

Post a Comment