Spring Pastel Water Marbling

I had heard about water marbling and I decided to give it a go. I chose pastel colours because I know that China Glaze Up and Away Collection works very well for water marbling. Since I didn't want to spend an hour finding nail polish that works for marbling I picked those I knew would work.

I began with a single coat of Revlon Iced Mauve for my base colour. It was opaque with only one coat.

One Coat of Revlon Iced Mauve in Artificial Light

I used China Glaze Lemon Fizz, Peachy Keep, Light As Air and High Hopes. I added a drop of each nail polish and then repeated the sequence again. Then I pulled the nail polish into a design I liked. I did three of my fingers at once and then repeated the process doing my last finger.

I had lumps where air bubbles had gotten caught and then when I added a top coat of Seche Vite the air bubbles burst and you can easily see them in the photo below.


I only took photo's in artificial light the night I did the water marbling.

Pastel Water Marbling in Artificial Light

 Pastel Water Marbling in Artificial Light


This marbling didn't turn out quite the way I hoped because it had large air bubbles trapped under the surface.  I usually get small air bubbles when water marbling but I think the large ones appeared as I did three nails at once so as the water was displaced more air would enter the area where the next nail would press.

I had a lot of fun playing with water marbling. After doing this water marbling I decided to try other colours and went through about 10 different nail polishes before I found one that worked! So if you're going to try this I suggest you start with colours that other people can confirm work otherwise you'll probably get so frustrated you give up.
You have read this article NAIL ART / WATER MARBLING with the title Spring Pastel Water Marbling. You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2012/01/spring-pastel-water-marbling.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Spring Pastel Water Marbling"

Post a Comment