Shimmer Polish (part 2)

Hello!!

I shared some pictures of Shimmer polishes some days ago and told you it was part 1. So today, I'll show you the other polishes I got. If you missed my previous post, you can click here to see it.
Again, I used only 1 coat of glitter over a base color. If you want more opacity, you will need three coats to get full opactiy. Each polish is packed with tons of glitters!



Jasmine is a mixture of aquamarine glitters with addition of light copper and red glitters. I layered it over Lancôme Aquamarine. I'll show you swatches of Aquamarine in a next post. The glitters are suspended in a clear base.









Jennifer is a mixture of pastel light blue, pink, and copper glitters. I layered it over OPI I Have A Herring Problem. The glitters are suspended in a clear base.









Leslie is a mixture of different shades of blue, lavender, and some red and green glitters. I layered it over essence Into the Dark. The glitters are suspended in a clear base.









Natalie is a mixture of dusty blue, gold, and copper glitters. I layered it over Chanel Quartz. The glitters are suspended in an almost clear base, it's slightly grey tinted.










Nichole is a mixture of red, silver, and blue glitters. I layered it over Essie Your Hut or Mine. The glitters are suspended in a clear base.









And finally, Wendy is a mixture of copper, purple, and turquoise glitters.I layered it over Illamasqua Stance. The glitters are suspended in a slightly purple tinted base so it changes a little the color of Stance.









And here is a small summary of the polishes I showed you today :D




I have the same general opinion and thoughts about these 6 polishes as for the 6 others Shimmer polishes I reviewed the other day. What impressed me is that there are so many glitters in a single bottle. You don't need to go fishing for the glitters but with already one coat (what I showed you here), you have a good coverage.
The formula of the polishes were great. They are packed with so many glitters that you can get full opacity at 3 coats. The glitters are easy to apply.


I've noticed also that each glitter will look really different depending on which polish you use as a base color. I think it's a great thing because with one polish you can  achieve different looks. You can also do some glitter gradients, applying them only on the tips. So these polishes are quite versatile, which is very interesting!


Among these 6 polishes, my aboslute favorite is Leslie! I love the lavender glitters in it! I also love Nichole because the mixture of red and blue glitters works really well. I also love the colors in Jennifer. Wendy has also super pretty purple glitters but with the base color I chose, you can't see them really well. However, they should pop against a black or darker base.


If you like glitters but are afraid of removing them, you can use essence peel off base coat to remove them super easily. See my post here. In this post, I used the peel off base coat, which is part of a limited edition but now this base coat is part of the regular essence range. Some people use PVA glue instead, but I didn't do any research myself to check if it's safe....You can see an example here.


Purchase info
Shimmer polishes can be purchased from Shimmer Polish shop. Each polish costs $12. You can also ask for customized polishes, which are $15. You can follow Shimmer Polish on Facebook.
*Product(s) in this post was(were) provided by the company for my honest review*
You have read this article BLUE / BROWN / chanel / ESSENCE / ESSIE / illamasqua / lancôme / OPI / PINK / PURPLE / shimmer polish / teal with the title Shimmer Polish (part 2). You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2012/09/shimmer-polish-part-2.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Shimmer Polish (part 2)"

Post a Comment