OPI Skyfall: swatches

Hello!

I am glad to share some pictures of the upcoming OPI collection for the holidays. This collection is an homage to James Bond and takes inspiration from the new James Bond movie, Skyfall!
If you want to know more about this collection, please visit this link.
 
So let's go directly to the swatches.
 
 
 
The first one is called Moonraker. "Drive your fastest car to get this exhilarating metallic grey".
 




 
 
Moonraker is a silver chrome with a lot of blue in it. I didn't use any base coat or top coat here and I used 2 coats of polish. As you can see, it dries to a very smooth finish. At first I thought it would be brushstroky but finally, even though I didn't buff my nails or apply a ridge filling base coat, it looks quite smooth. I was quite surprised by this polish and I think it looks very interesting! It gave my hands a robot look (in a nice way ;D ).
 
I did a comparison with some Essie from their Mirror Metallics.
 
l-r: OPI Moonraker, Essie No Place Like Chrome, OPI Moonraker, Essie Blue Rhapsody.

l-r: Essie No Place Like Chrome, OPI Moonraker.
 
The Essie are shiner and have a bit more texture (you can see the shimmery particles) than the OPI, which dries smoother. The Essie are more opaque, they only need 1 coat vs 2 coats for the OPI. So they are both very different in terms of color and texture and I like them a lot!
 
 
Second polish from the amazing Skyfall collection is You Only Live Twice. "This rich high-shimmer magenta is a once-in-a-lifetime find."
 




 
 
You Only Live Twice is a gorgeous glass flecked red shimmery polish. I used 2 coats and application was easy. It's the perfect polish for christmas! So cheerful and pretty!

I also did a comparison with other OPI polishes: Let Me Entertain You from the Burlesque collection (Holiday 2010) and Be A Dahlia Won't You from the Nice Stems collection (Summer 2011).
 
l-r: You Only Live Twice, Let Me Entertain You, You Only Live Twice, Be A Dahlia Won't You.
 
As you can see on the above picture, Let Me Entertain You is more fuchsia, Be A Dahlia Won't You pink, and You Only Live Twice red. I used 2 coats of You Only Live Twice and Let Me Entertain You and 3 coats of Be A Dahlia Won't You.
 
 
And finally is Tomorrow Never Dies. "This eternally intense purple will live forever."
 


 
 
This polish is a nightmare to photograph but I tried my best... It's a very deep purple with strong blue undertones. It looks very smooth and shiny. It doesn't have any shimmer in it but it's rather its smoothness that reflects the light to give a shiny, glossy look. It's a really gorgeous polish. Sometimes it looks more blue, sometimes more purple. I hesitate to call it a duochrome because it's not super noticeable but when I move my nails, sometimes I could swear it's blue and sometimes purple. I've been wearing it since Tuesday (so for 4 days now) and I am still wowing every time I look at my nails.
Application was nice, nothing particular. I used 2 coats.
 
 
This collection is gorgeous. I sincerely love the 3 polishes I could test and am looking forward to seeing the other polishes from this collection!
 

Purchase info:
OPI polishes can be purchased in professional nail salons, certains pharmacies, and beauty supplies.
For Switzerland, you can search for licensed retailers here.
OPI Skyfall Collection will be available November 1st, 2012 in Switzerland.

*Product(s) in this post was(were) provided by the company for my honest review*

 
You have read this article BLUE / OPI / PURPLE / RED / SILVER with the title OPI Skyfall: swatches. You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2012/09/opi-skyfall-swatches.html. Thanks!

No comment for "OPI Skyfall: swatches"

Post a Comment