Unicorn Puke: remake

Hello~

As promized here is my own version of the famous Unicorn Puke by Cult Nails.
I don't know if you were lucky enough to get Cult Nails - Unicorn Puke, but I wasn't. Even the newer version (just the name change not the polish itself) called Clairvoyant was already sold out when I wanted to order it. It should however be back in stock sooner or later.
If you don't know what I'm talking about and what is Unicorn Puke, you can view Rie's swatches on her blog, Nails and Noms.
Basically, it's a purple jelly base polish with a lot (!) of different colors flakies.

So here is what I came up with.


In fact, at the beginning I just wanted to play with flakies and layer different colors of them to give the mani more depth. And then, I realized it was not so far from Unicorn Puke.





Layering order:
  • (A white creme polish - 1 coat)
  • Lancelot (A-England) - 1 coat: this is a blackened red almost black
  • I Lily Love You (OPI) - 1 coat: very sheer pink jelly packed with different sizes and colors of glitters and crushed flakes
  • Nfu Oh 49 - 1 coat: pinky orange flakies
  • Nfu Oh 54 - 1 coat: aqua flakies
  • I Juggle...Men (OPI) - 1 coat: a clear polish with a very fine blue, purple and pink microglitters.
You don't need the white base! I just used it here because I used my previous mani  (you can view it here; it was a review of Lancelot and a combo Lancelot - I Lily Love You) to do this unicorn puke mani. I used this white base yesterday to show the red in Lancelot (otherwise you see it as black). But Lancelot is very opaque by itself so this step is completely unnecessary.

Concerning flakies, there are new polishes that contain different colors of flakies, for example Lambada by Hits Speciallitá whose flakies are green and orange. You can see swatches here. Ludurana has also different color flakies, like the one called Arco-íris. It contains blue, green, and orange flakies. You can see swatches here. These flakies can be puchased at Llarowe.

Purchase info for this mani:
A-England polishes can be purchased from A-England website. It is interesting to note that shipping worldwide is free. You can visit A-England on Facebook.
A-England polishes can also be puchased from Llarowe. This is the US stockist for Glitter Gal, Ozotic, A England, Hits, and Ludurana polishes, 5 awesome nail polishes brands.They sell internationally and have an awesome customer service. You can visit Llarowe on Facebook.
Nfu Oh polishes can be purchased from Fabulous Street
And for OPI, I think you all know where you can buy them :D
 
 *Product in this post was sent by the company/PR for my honest review* 
You have read this article A-england / BLACK / flakies / GLITTER / Nfu Oh / OPI with the title Unicorn Puke: remake. You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2011/11/unicorn-puke-remake.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Unicorn Puke: remake"

Post a Comment