Do you lily love Lancelot?

Hello dear reader~

Today I want to present you the most blackened red I've ever seen. It's Lancelot from The Mythicals collection of A-England polishes.

When you apply it, you cleary see it's a very dark red and not a black polish while when it's on your nails, it looks almost pure black.
So in order to show you that it's indeed a very dark red, I did a first coat of white polish and then applied Lancelot randomly.
So here is what Lancelot (one thin coat) looks over white.

One coat of Lancelot (A-England) over white.

As you can see, with 1 coat, you are already very opaque. So on my ring finger I just slightly touched the surface of the nail with the brush (with Lancelot on the brush :D ), to give a pattern and show the red out of Lancelot. This is a cool bloody look for halloween or if you plan to watch a horror movie with your friends :p



Then here is what Lancelot looks when I've finished my mani. I mean, I just covered the ring finger properly...
so it's still layered over white.



Finally, I felt in a flakies mood, so I added one coat of OPI I Lily Love You on top.

OPI I Lily Love You over A-England Lancelot.



I love the overall look of this  mani. It reminds me of the pictures we could get from Hubble! lol 
As you can see, I Lily Love You has some small saqure glitters of different colors and larger irregular shapes. I really love this polish!

 Final verdict: Lancelot is sincerely the blackest red I've ever seen or maybe it's rather a black polish with a hint of red. This red touch gives Lancelot a dramatic and mysterious look and if you love dark polishes, I'm pretty sure you will be happy with it. Application was great, you only need one coat to get full opacity. You can also do a lot of funny layering manicures with it because black or very dark polishes tend to enhance the contrast between flakies or other type of polish effects and the base color.


PS If you follow me on FB, you may have heard I wanted to show a Unicorn puke combo I did! This mani is the base for this combo so I had to show you this before. The Unicorn puke mani will come in my next post. So stay tuned! :D


Purchase info:
A-England polishes can be purchased directly from A-England website. It is interesting to note that shipping worldwide is free. You can visit A-England on Facebook.
A-England polishes can also be puchased from Llarowe. This is the US stockist for Glitter Gal, Ozotic, A England, Hits, and Ludurana polishes, 5 awesome nail polishes brands.They sell internationally and have an awesome customer service. You can visit Llarowe on Facebook.

 *Product in this post was sent by the company/PR for my honest review*
You have read this article A-england / BLACK / flakies / OPI with the title Do you lily love Lancelot?. You can bookmark this page URL http://ojezevki.blogspot.com/2011/11/do-you-lily-love-lancelot.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Do you lily love Lancelot?"

Post a Comment